Using Corporate Volunteering to Improve Alignment? - 3 Ways to Measure Volunteering Performance

Oct 7, 2017 2:51:40 PM / by Saumya Bhatnagar

Measuring Volunteering Performance


For corporations employing corporate volunteering as a way to increase employee alignment through engagement, it is important to be able to track volunteering performance.

How does one determine the program’s effectiveness and discover which employees have succeeded in unlocking their full potential? To help you end this dilemma, here are three key characteristics to look for in order to gain accurate results.

Employee Volunteer Program Investments

How much has the business invested? Include the number of staff, hours of volunteering and skill levels involved. Now look at what the company gained in return? Volunteerism works both ways, meaning, as much as the corporation gives, it gets back via loyal customers, media coverage, and better employee performance. This all leads to an increase in revenue.  

Analyze the real-time insights of all donations, employee skills, and volunteering performance. Likewise, track the employees volunteering time and ask them to pass on full reports. In the case a business owner doubts the program and employee dedication, an annual HR survey is a beneficial tool to measure volunteer rates.   

Employee Satisfaction and Engagement Rates

The main retention and skill enhancing fuel is the motivation that leads to higher employee engagement. So, how do you gauge corporate employee satisfaction? Although surveys serve their purpose, the businesses should consider going a step further and directly ask to what extent volunteering influences their job satisfaction.

While 86% of employees believe that it’s important that their employer is socially and environmentally responsible, the other 14 percent might have productive ideas to increase the overall engagement.

Measuring Employee Skill Improvement    

Volunteering programs are great for employee skill development, but it’s not the same as the team member actually progressing along the way. To properly measure and track worker’s proficiency, evaluate their:

  • Communication skills.
  • Team collaboration and overall impact on others.
  • Creative thinking and solutions the employee has suggested, as well as the way they handled particular volunteering task.


To sum up, it seems like there is a lot of tracking for a business to perform, but that is the price of running a thriving brand. Companies can greatly benefit from seeking the helping hand of dynamic employee alignment methods and advanced Involve solutions. After all, what do you think a business case for your company could be?   

Aligning Employees With your Mission


Topics: Corporate Social Responsibility, Employee Engagement, alignment

Saumya Bhatnagar

Written by Saumya Bhatnagar

Saumya is InvolveSoft's CTO and a serial entrepreneur. Passionate about helping #womenintech, Saumya helps drive the direction and culture of the company.