Fall is here and so is our product update blog! October has seen some great features that make administrators life much easier and will give users even more event options. Our Customer Success team is always listening to client suggestions and concerns. We hope to consistently improve our platform to fit your needs. Check out the new features below!
- Bulk upload. This is a great new tool for administrators. Let’s say you want to upload 20 different events at once. This would require a lot of manual work; going into your community, creating an event one by one, filling in the steps 1-4, and so on. The new bulk upload tool allows you to upload multiple events to your community at once. You proceed like normally by going into the community you administer → Events tab → Add New Event. Now you will have the option to add a single event or add multiple events.
Next download the template type you’d like, like in person, all day events.
Then fill in your excel sheet with event details and upload it when it’s completed.
- Hidden communities will not show up on the community tab, they are invisible to all users unless manually added by an admin. There are 2 types of hidden communities available.
- Open Hidden: This community is hidden to all users (unless manually added by admin) but the events created in this community are not hidden and users can sign up for events on the Home page. This is what your nonprofit contact would use so that they could create events for users to join but not administrator community activity.
- Closed Hidden: This community is hidden to all users (unless manually added by admin) and events created in this community are also hidden. For example, perhaps managers want their own community but are not comfortable with employees knowing about it. They would create a hidden community and manually add all managers; events created in this community will only be visible to its members.
- A community for non-profit contact. We’ve made some changes to the nonprofit portal so that your nonprofit partners can add events to the platform themselves. Many companies have a point of contact at a nonprofit that they worked closely with before. Sometimes it’s easier for that point of contact to create and manage events themselves instead of company admins doing it. Now your contact will have their own community where they can create events that users will be able to sign into. They won’t have all the capabilities of company administrators like sending out communications or changing configuration settings. This community will also be hidden so that no users can join or request to join. It is simply a way for them to create their own events that users can sign up for. We hope that this eliminates some extra work for company admins. If this sounds like something your company can benefit from, contact your Customer Success Manager today!
That wraps up our October product updates! Bulk uploading events, nonprofit contact communities, and hidden communities are new on our platform. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns.